Book website: www.misfitchristian.com

Book website (with downloads): www.misfitchristian.com
Or buy the paperback version at the CreateSpace eStore
or Amazon.com.
Buy the Kindle version here or the Nook version here.
Seen someone being a God-blessing in some previously-unblessed place? Let us know...write-ins welcome! email: jc (at) misfitchristian (dot) com

You can also follow this blog on Facebook and the Amazon author page.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The World's Worst Missionary

Sorry for the spotty blogging here lately; I seem to have been consumed by the Infernal Revenue Service and my own morbid fascination/concern-for-the-people about the Japanese earthquake/tsunami story. (I'm not all that worried by the nuke - just the breathless, poor, nontechnical coverage of it.) The end is in sight for taxes and nukes, however. Meanwhile...

Yes, Jamie Wright calls herself The World's Worst Missionary. I call her the author of the most honest, refreshing, funny, and insightful blog I've seen in a long time. Maybe ever. She must have successfully avoided some of the missionary training I've heard about. Anyway, here's a sample of life on the field that you'll never forget. :)  Kudos to Andrew Jones for sharing her with the rest of us.

"One morning, just like any morning, I was putzing around the house in my pj's, picking up breakfast dishes, sipping on coffee, doing whatever. The boys had all left for school, Steve had gone to work, and the house was quiet and still. Just the way I like it. I took my Mac and my coffee to the couch where I plopped my big butt down to get some work done. (Um, alright, so we all know that "getting some work done" is code for "lurking on Facebook". But that just sounds bad, doesn't it?) Okay, so was I "working" and sipping and enjoying quietness and stillness, and just, generally, really liking my morning. That's when "The Very Awful Thing" occurred."      ........read the rest at.....
http://www.theveryworstmissionary.com/2009/10/this-really-happened.html
 
 

No comments: