Book website: www.misfitchristian.com

Book website (with downloads): www.misfitchristian.com
Or buy the paperback version at the CreateSpace eStore
or Amazon.com.
Buy the Kindle version here or the Nook version here.
Seen someone being a God-blessing in some previously-unblessed place? Let us know...write-ins welcome! email: jc (at) misfitchristian (dot) com

You can also follow this blog on Facebook and the Amazon author page.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Unhelpful signs, part 1

This theological train wreck is along Interstate 65 between Birmingham and Montgomery, Alabama. Yes, there's a hell; no, church won't save you from it; no, threatening people isn't how Jesus preaches Good News; and yes, crap like this makes my whole job harder. I wonder if the owner of this little piece actually knows Jesus. He seems to be on speaking terms with the devil, though...perhaps that's where he gets his information.


"Jesus said, "I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him. You've even seen him!" (John 14:6-7, The Message)

Fortunately for us, Jesus seeks us, finds us, meets us where ever we are and takes us to Himself.
.

2 comments:

David Henson said...

I grew up traveling the I-65 corridor and passed this sign often. At first, it used to terrify me, back when I believed in the devil. Then, it angered me, when I realized the foolishness of believing in a literal devil. Now, though, it makes me giggle and think of a weird kind of folk art.

Anonymous said...

very interesting that this devil has a scythe instead of the traditional pitchfork. maybe this guy is on intimate terms with the guy...